To use the Wireless features of the 4011 an approved USB adapter must be plugged in at start up.
Edimax EW-7811Un Available as WA0000
Lib-Link BL-LW05-AR5 Available as WA0001
The wifi feature on the 4011 has been tested in the open with line of sight to have the following performance:
Devices and Programs to view with
RTSP Player app have been tested on iOS and Android
VLC has been tested with Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Known Issue
- Work around
- Connection using iPhone
- iPhones sometimes have trouble connecting to the 4011.
- Repeated attempts normally are successful after 2-3 tries.
- Disconnection using iPhone
- If a stream is running to an iPhone connecting with Windows with disconect the iPhone.
- Stop the stream to the iPhone before connecting with Windows.
- Recording on iOS
- VLC and RTSP Player do not have record features on iOS
- Connections get unstable at range
- Due to the nature of wireless tested maximums will not beachived in all real world cases.
- Reducing bandwidth, may allow longer range connections, or connections in noisier WiFi environments or through obstacles.